[Lang]
Aleksander Ściborek
2018-11-21 21:52:03 UTC
Hi
I've just created pull request
<https://github.com/apache/commons-lang/pull/385> for CheeckedFunction
interface. This is an example of utils I would like to add in order to
simplify usage of java Stream.
Aleksander
Pascal Schumacher
2018-11-24 11:58:01 UTC
Hi Aleksander,

thanks.

Imho this would be a useful addition to commons-lang.

Any other opinions?

Cheers,
Pascal
ajs6f

Aleksander Ściborek
2018-11-24 13:46:56 UTC
Of course you are right. I'm going to add new functions. The idea behind
this pull request is to show what I want to create, that's why I marked PR
as WIP (Work in Progress)
ajs6f
2018-11-24 14:01:35 UTC
In that case you might want to also look at some other choices people have made like

https://github.com/google/mug#maybe

or even more specialized facilities like

https://github.com/google/chkstream

I'm not against plain general functional types that handle checked exceptions (I imagine most of us have written them for ourselves at some point, which makes them a good candidate for Commons), but I've found that generally I end up with clearer code if I can use an idiom more specific to the task.

ajs6f
Aleksander Ściborek
2018-11-29 19:41:30 UTC
Ok, so I'm going to continue snd in the near future I will create pull
request with a lot of checked functions like Consumer, Predicate
BinaryFuncton etc.
Post by ajs6f
In that case you might want to also look at some other choices people have made like
https://github.com/google/mug#maybe
or even more specialized facilities like
https://github.com/google/chkstream
I'm not against plain general functional types that handle checked
exceptions (I imagine most of us have written them for ourselves at some
point, which makes them a good candidate for Commons), but I've found that
generally I end up with clearer code if I can use an idiom more specific to
the task.
ajs6f
On Nov 24, 2018, at 8:46 AM, Aleksander Ściborek <
Post by ajs6f
I would rather see a more complete offering with the other types in
j.u.function, i.e. Consumer, Supplier, Predicate, the various
primitive-specialized types...
ajs6f
On Nov 24, 2018, at 6:58 AM, Pascal Schumacher <
ajs6f